Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cannonball

Cannonball

Monday night
She rolls over
Her hand hits my face. I've been
Woken up the strangest ways
for the last week
Sunday early morning, she farted
and rattled the sheets
Saturday 12 pm, she screamed for her mother
and rattled the walls
“Mama, mama, alone, I've been everywhere and I'm all alone!”
Friday morning, in the dark, she shoved me off the bed
and I rattled the floor
Thursday morning, she laughed at a dream
louder than a jet plane
Wednesday morning, she sat up in bed and said
“Sunlight. I can't see anything.”
the room was pitch black aside from the clock
which lit up her tears.
Tuesday night, she nudged me awake with her nose
and sighed
I could feel her heartbeat on my back
Last Monday, square at midnight,
she screamed that she could see
the devil eating my head
That no matter how much she scrubbed,
she couldn't get my blood out
She fell down, back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment